Case in point, today: wake up, dress and feed three kids, plus self, haul rubbish bins to curb, take son to school. 9 a.m. arrive home. Put baby down for nap, do some "homework" with the four-year-old, make coffee, consume coffee while checking/returning e-mails, retrieve screaming baby from torture chamber known as crib, mop kitchen floor, make lunch, feed children, feel as though mopping the floor was a slight waste of my time...

(Can you see my keys in the middle of the slop? Why are they on the floor you ask? Because I have a toddler. That is why. I distinctly remember depositing them ON the table, not the floor. That said, damn does that kid have a good aim...)
...bath children, dress children, put children down for a nap, catch the one and only hour of TV I insist on watching in a day, rescue screaming baby from torture chamber known as crib, pack snacks, pick up son from school, come home, haul rubbish bins back from curb, allow kids to play outside for a while. And now it is four o'clock.
Where did the day go? I'd like to say that I accomplished one thing today...but even that one thing was not really accomplished, as I am about to go re-mop the kitchen floor.
1 comment:
we had the same day ;) Mine ended like this:
drink glas of red wine.
repeat.
repeat...
Post a Comment