Monday, June 25, 2007

Transformers! & other not-so-interesting babble...

Transformers. A cartoon I watched as a kid, and loved! Toys I played with (& watched all my little friends collect) when I was my son's age. And now, Transformer paraphernalia is still aimed at my kids age group...a.k.a. the sunglasses he is currently wearing. So, why is the "movie" PG-13? I am, by no means, an *over protective parent...the kids favorite song is by Ozzy and he could not identify **Barney or Elmo or the vast majority of the other irritating children's characters if he tried, because he was, quite frankly, never exposed to them....'cause mama thought they were annoying and childish...heh. Anyways, he's finally at an age where I am brave enough to attempt to take him to the theatre (he was a late bloomer when it came to being interested in TV, or movies, beyond musical and short-attention-span Baby Einstein) and this delightful childhood memory, reincarnated, is already off the table. I highly doubt a five-year-old's attention would be held by a PG-13 movie, in any regard.

So, that's my afternoon pout. Boohoo.

On another note, for the second term, I find the new instructor much more entertaining and much less likely to cause one to wish they could fall asleep. I might actually enjoy these psychotically condensed and lengthy lectures without wishing I were elsewhere! See, it aint all pouting today ;-)

*Reasonably protective, YES. Car seats/Boosters, Bike Helmets, Swimming Lessons, etc. are NON-NEGOTIABLE...mandatory, in fact.

**He went through very short (& concentrated) Pocahontas, Finding Nemo, Winnie the Pooh, Dora & Diego, Shrek 2 & most lately, Charlotte's Web phases...these were characters I, the mom, could handle. Sad, I know. (He was not a fan of Cars, much to my surprise.) Personally, I'm missing the OLD Looney Tunes that I watched as a kid...you know the ones, 'Bugs Bunny & Friends' or 'The Bugs Bunny & Tweety Show'...before all the "junior" characters were introduced. Am I the only one that feels this way?

2 comments:

crazylady said...

I think the devil invented Disney.

Foxy said...

with ya there sis. Esspecially when it comes to Elmo. I thought that this session would actually be funner than the last. The last was fun and interesting. I had to do barely any homework and had few class hours. I also thought that I would like my history better than my english... I have had three english classes, that arent all that boring. I have my history class in one hour and 15 minutes. That shouldbe fun... hehehehehe. well see. I think the teacher might be a droner that moves through the material too fast. you know its a bad sign if they say, and so forth... AH! Have a good one, love ya!