Friday, October 10, 2008

Waiting...

A week ago today, my sister was having sporadic contractions and we walked a fair distance with her in an effort to help the "bambino eviction process" along...

Bennett kept track of how many "buttons" he had the priviledge of pushing at various crosswalks, while I manned the stroller weighed down with a Niecie Girl and played papparazzi in an effort to make the event more eventful...

Posing for an impromptu belly shot while Bennett guards the "button"...

Doesn't she look pleased to STILL be With Child? She has only had her hospital bag packed for two months...

It turned out to be nothing substantial and the contractions subsided instead of speeding up. A week later, she is still quite pregnant. If this is the case in another week, she'll be scheduled for induction, as far as I understand.
**************************************************

It's amazing how much we have matured since killing time while awaiting The Niece! three years ago...


The next picture was taken on Oct. 9, 2005, when my sister was 2.5 weeks over due and still three days away from giving birth to her first born. Raking leaves did not work any better then than walking has now.

Oh, how I miss that pumpkin toque that is on Bennett's head!

Waiting for the baby cousin was such hard work! Oh, how the last three years have flown!

4 comments:

Foxy said...

Getting the black paint out of my belly-button was hard. You know, since I couldn't really see or reach it anymore...
Are you suprised that i decided this was a one-time event, much to the older-sister's dismay. Sorry sis...

insanemommy said...

How damn long has she been pregnant?!? lol.... BTW, she looks stunning. Good looks must run in your family.

Foxy said...

I was due yesterday. My dreams are repetitions of me yelling at the doctors, GET IT OUT, GET IT OUT! And thank you!
-Heza's little sister

crazylady said...

hot diggidy dog, you make me laugh out loud, with your posts... That belly shot is the money shot!
Maturity is highly overrated.

May that child see the light of day sooner rather than later. I think he/she has a WII in there.