Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bizarre Parenting Moment

For the last week or so, Bennett has protested profusely when I switch the TV from the listings channel, to an actual show. He calls this channel the "Little Pictures" and he likes to watch the various ads that are more obnoxious than commercials! I find this protest so ridiculous, that I have started checking the cable provider's website to see whats on.

Now, since he is currently, ahem, grounded from watching Dora for the weekend... (due to a lengthy and not so nice tantrum that he threw when I told him we were going to turn it off earlier today...) he decided that he would really like to sit down and watch "The Little Pictures on TV!" That's right, my four-year-old son requesting to watch the listings channel.

I said, "Sure, why not, if you finish ALL of your dinner!" And, surprisingly, with the thought of watching the only channel that is not really a channel, he ate a whole bowl of caesar salad, a whole bowl of pasta and a glass of milk! This is the child that has refused to eat pasta that I make for months! (And he is not usually a picky eater, but pasta, meh!)

So, as I type this, my child is watching the channel that most people watch to figure out what is on!

1 comment:

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

I guess that's what they call "personality". :-)